Likes it
    Best wings I've ever had! Mac n' cheese, onion chips and French onion soup were amazing as well. Great beer selection. We were vacationing in the Berkshires and hit this up with some friends. Definitely worth hitting again. Maine needs a place like this!
    Worst customer service
    Doesn't like it
    The beer selection may be good, but the customer service is awful. The owner is rude and cocky. We had a party of 10 including a toddler. They put a table together but would not seat us because 3 of the 10 members of the party were 10 minutes behind us. The rest of the party arrived they separated the tables they arranged and made us wait while tables remained empty. We asked if we could just break up and sit at 2 different tables and they said no. 2 members of our party patronage the Forge weekly the owner rudely told us to just leave. 2nd experience where we had kids and were treated rudely. There are 9 customers that will never return and will spread the word.
  • Hz3vuripbgscmr-100
    Out of the Ordinary
    Favorite
    Well prepared and fresh seasonal dishes like duck confit with sweet potatoes and Spinach: a mere special. I personally found the Dijon Chicken with fresh roasted root vegetables, butternut and spinach rice filling and delicious. The salad bar makes a good first impression even - not something I generally expect out of simple taverns.
    Then again, this is no simple tavern it seems.
    Two thumbs up for comfort and taste.
    1 out of 1 found this review helpful
  • Lbd0jb0qpvakx7-100
    Good pub food with lots of beer...
    Likes it
    One of my favorite day trips is to hike one of the many trails on Greylock, then drive immediately to the Old Forge and eat outside on the back deck. Undoing everything good about the hike never tasted so good!
    When you combined many many beers (on tap and bottle) and good ole' fashioned pub food, you have a winner. The wings are a favorite as well as the fish and chips. Service is generally decent. Try the wings Buff oprington style (indian spices), it never sounded good...but the combo works well. We also love the onion chips. A great little place in the shires.
    1 out of 1 found this review helpful
  • 6ymayejgmwlwfm-100
    Best restaurant in county!
    Favorite
    The Old Forge is by far the best restaurant in Berkshire County. The Forge offers over 300 beers, award winning wings and a whole mess of other tasty pub inspired fare. For good reason, a plate of wings always manages to find its way onto my table shortly after arriving. I would highly recomended this establishment to anyone looking for amazing pub food and fantastic entrees, all in a very nice rustic enviroment. Can't go wrong with this one. 10 out of 10.
  • Kzhz1m0sylbac1-100
    The Largest Beer Selection in the Berkshires and Great Food!
    Favorite
    You probably already know this, but Old Forge has the "Best Wings in the Berkshires" and maybe the world! They are the biggest, meatiest, juiciest, chicken wings you will EVER eat! Then they have the largest beer selection in the Berkshires to wash them down! They also have other great menu items, like the Old Forge Chicken in a mushroom sauce. It is worth the drive, so go check it out!
  • Gexa5jbjdpjvk1-100
    BEST WINGS EVER.
    Likes it
    HANDS DOWN. Large, crispy, meaty wings with a tangy buffalo sauce. What better than THE best wings in the world? A HUGE selection of beers. I've never had any of the entrees, but the many of the appetizers. Everything at Olde Forge is good.
  • Bufpq1mpwntvuo-100
    Likes it
    Wings were good and if your a beer fan its a cool place to try beers. I would not stray from the pub food
  • M5pmiyhocbv5uh-100
    Get the Buff Orpington wings
    Likes it
    Been here many times. Each time I have the best intentions to order an entree, but I always get the buff orpington wings. And beer, of course. If you like beer, this is the place to go.
    Likes it
    Great place for beer lovers. About 20 taps that change frequently, plus a selection of bottles that will boggle your mind. Also they are open late. People rave about the wings, but our favorite was the mussels.
  • 7fi2gno0uxescf-100
    Comfort food after skiing!
    Likes it
    Try the honey mustard chicken along with one (or a few) of the MANY beers offered. We were lucky to try Brooklyn Brewery's Cookie Jar Porter, which was just available that season from the NYC microbrewery. Old Forge will have some of those tasty treats.
  • 8lok8sws2ksiqe-100
    Likes it
    Get a beer card and some wings. You'll be back again and again!
    love the OF....
    Likes it
    I have driven hours out of my way to go to the old forge. I live in Vermont and every now and again we will make the trip down. I love this place. Awesome atmosphere, 300+ beers, excellent food, need I say more? There's not much in lanesboro but this is the place to be.
  • Tcgwizmr23ffjf-100
    Likes it
    Great wings, ribs and beer. If you're around Jiminy, you've gotta go here
    Loved It!
    Likes it
    Stumbled upon this restaurant taking the long way home from Vermont to New Jersey. Wow, we could tell by the crowd it was going to be good. Had the wings, they were crispy, meaty, and cooked to perfection! The Kid's menu had a thick home made bread for my son's grilled cheese, the french fries were hot and crispy outside and tender inside and the roast beef sandwich with bacon, cheese, tomato was perfect. Our server was very good. We will definitely drive out of our way again for this place!
    Likes it
    Best beer selection in town and the wings are a must.
  • S
    Wings were award winning? What award?
    Doesn't like it
    Was really unimpressed with the wings. We ordered a dozen of the hot wings and they came out dry. The sauce kind of smelled like Chinese food like a peanut hosin sauce. This is dissapointing especially how many awards were on the wall and the relative close vicinity to Buffalo.
    On a happier note, the drinks and the nachos were good and the wait staff was attentive. It seemed that a younger crowd frequents this bar, there was no one over 35 there.
    Wings
    Likes it
    Best wings around!!! Love them!
    Mobile review
    It's amazing!! Best French onion soup ever! Delicious wings!! I highly recommend the deans wings. Also a rediculously large beer selection! You won't leave unsatisfied! Enjoy your visit!
    Favorite
    As a Long time local I can safely say this place has the best beer and wings you will ever find. I've been all around the country and not much has come close to this place.
  • 10 Restaurants