• Click here if it's still open.
We've heard this restaurant is out of business.
  • Xdtqsunoatdose-100
    'Berkshires casual' is the style of this Lenox New American where... Full Review
    DISAPPOINTED
    Doesn't like it
    This is overly priced small establishment. At first sight, its a nicely put together place... but then you take a closer look. not that pretty. It looks like it needs a lot of upkeep inside and out. Looking through their menu they have a few good choices.. but for outrageous prices. Tho the food is some what tasty, you can tell it did not make much effort to put in to making. Lastly Id like to mention the staff, while the bar and service staff are very friendly, the manager/owner is the exact opposite... I've been in this place a few times and they have always been drunk at the bar barking out orders. She's only kind to the customers willing to spend the big bucks too.... so people don't waste your time... there are plenty of other amazing restaurants in Lenox!!
  • Kzhz1m0sylbac1-100
    Poor Service and Average Food!
    Doesn't like it
    I have eaten here twice. The first time was with friends and it was a nightmare! Service was slow, wine glass was cracked, food was luke warm. I decided to give it another chance a month later. I was by myself and ate at the bar. I ordered the steak and it was really tough and overcooked. Here is the kicker! While I was eating, I noticed the young european bartender writing a derogatory comment in the computer system about a customer at the end of the bar. The customer next to me noticed too, as the screen faced the bar. Now, I was worried if he wrote anything about me and if they were going to do something to my food in the kitchen! Scary!
  • Lykaohcalmb6gs-100
    Hard-Working-Chef Owned
    Likes it
    Firefly is worth the visit, if only to get to know Laura Shack, the imaginative and extroverted Chef de Cuisine and owner of this location through its several iterations. The sleepy town of Lenox, Massachusetts wakes up each summer to its short tourist season, heavily influenced by the calendar of events at the Tanglewood Music Festival. It is a daunting task for restaurateurs to put together an expanded, temporary staff and find the time to train them into a functioning team. The influx of visitors, mostly from the New York metro region, comes in a wave of patrons used to levels of service that the fierce competition for their dollars demands in the big city, where the amateurish chaff blows away in the winds of a superior table d'hote. Chef Laura has survived this cycle time and again and, given her talents and a bit of luck in the staffing department, will surprise you with a very pleasant Fusion style. If you enjoy eating late, you may catch her in a rare relaxed moment, and getting to know this lovely, battle-scarred veteran, you will wonder how she manages to stay so upbeat.
  • Hz3vuripbgscmr-100
    Favorite
    I'm surprised by the relatively low rating for this American bistro. I found service friendly, perhaps slow however but only so much as to allow for proper savoring. My trout almondine with saffron risotto and Brussel sprout sides was the finest trout fish I've tasted; rich, complex, and ideally cooked. The duck confit salad special I shared as an appetizer was balanced with mild goat cheese, acidic picked onion and sweet raisins- thoughtful and seasonally perfect. I was even pleased with the reasonable cost considering the food quality and portioning. I am hard pressed to find a reason not to return to Firefly.
  • Rdjbwnofed7n7o-100
    More Chili's than true BBQ
    Doesn't like it
    Visited Firefly week of 7/25/11. Found the menu and location in Marlboro to be more like a Chili's than a real BBQ joint. The beef brisket was sliced very thin and was bone dry. Chicken was oven baked and dry. You'll need lots of sauce to make these palatable. Sides (red beans and rice, mustard greens) were lame. Passed by Texas BBQ on the drive back to Worcester and gave it a try twice since. Hands down MUCH better BBQ than Firefly. Firefly is probably OK if you want variety like a TGI Fridays, but don't expect good BBQ.
    1 out of 2 found this review helpful
    Mobile review
    They improve every year and now they are lenox's best kept secret... I question the wisdom of my posting these comments, as tables are usually available but I can't keep a secret. lunch on the porch is sublime!
    Doesn't like it
    I've been there once, and never again. I 'm an ultra patient person by nature, but Firefly pushed me to the brink. Small portions, TERRIBLE service. Doesn't matter to me if your chef is if your business stinks as a whole.
    How to ruin a lobster Cobb Salad
    We went at 5.30pm for a pre Tanglewood dinner on July 4th. Despite telling the waiter that we had a show to get to and despite the fact that the restaurant was 1/2 empty the food took until close to 7 to get to us. Our waiter was missing in action and I had to get up twice to find service.
    I ordered the Cobb salad and with calamari to start. The calamari dish was tiny and just a few mouthfuls. However the lobster Cobb Salad ($32.00) was an exercise in how to ruin a perfectly good dish. The salad had all the right ingredients except for the dressing which was all vinegar. Had there been more time I would have sent it back.
    Firefly gets a 2 only because my wife's dish (salmon) was OK otherwise I would give the a 1 for ruining a perfectly good salad and for the slow service.
    I should have read the other reviews and experiences before going there
    Simply wonderful
    Likes it
    During our recent trip to the Berkshires July 26-July 31, 2009 we ate there twice, on Tuesday night we had the prefix salmon complete with a Beer extra $6.00 an appetizer a wonderful salad and some of the most delicious ice cream I have ever had. We returned our last night 7/31/09 and since no prix fixe was available we ordered Farfalle with a touch of cream, veggies and dried tomatoes this time we did not order desert. The waiter initially mixed up the order and brought us a plate of shrimp on a bed of salad but he gave us a complementary beer and quickly corrected his error. I give this one 5 stars