• Iw0p5qmecm2swv-100
    a bit of L.A. comes a long way
    Likes it
    Ah! Taco Trucks (lovingly referred to as Roach Coaches by some) are an institution in Los Angeles, serving up authentic Mexican grub on the cheap at whatever cross streets they happened to be parked at that week. Ive seen just a few of them here, mostly in the South Valley, which for me is a bit out of the way. However, driving down Zuni the other day I noticed a striking looking coach parked at the corner of Arizona and a sign for the truck that seems to mark that spot as its permanent home. So a couple nights later I dropped by for dinner. It is the cleanest looking coach I have ever seen. Spotless. Another surprise is that there was no menu. There are different types of meat written on the truck and there are various type of items (Tortas, Tacos, Burritos, etc.) painted on it too, but no traditional menu or prices. The guy in front of me had been there before and ordered some Pastor Tacos, I got a Carne Asada Burrito ($5) which, along with the grilled meat, was stuffed with beans and rice, the usual cilantro garnish and my choice of Red or Green salsa. I asked for Red, and it was HOT. The Burrito was a little smaller than the ones I'm used to getting from these trucks, but it was damn good! I will definitely be back. These guys open around 5PM and stay open as late as 3AM if its busy enough. So it obviously a great late night option in an area that doesnt really have any.
    B+
    1 out of 1 found this review helpful
  • S
    Tasty Tacos!!
    Likes it
    I had 2 types of tacos while there the asada(just beef) and pastor (pork w/ red chile). They both came with onions and cliantro and tasted delicious. They also came with both a red and green chile sauce (not new mexico green chile but tomatillo) both were excellent. Also the tacos were pretty cheap like a $1.50 each. Will definately go again!!
    However realize this is a truck and while they do have a few tables this is by no means a place to come for ambiance. I ate there and enjoyed it though. There is guy in the vacinity hawking CDs who was blaring away mexican ballots to drug trafficking (apparently after 6 he sells corn with chile and lime). Somehow it all just fit.