Be the first to contribute a photo.

• S
    My favorite lunch stop on Rte 20
    Likes it
    Two years ago we stopped here for lunch while traveling to the Berkshires. Every now and again I get a hankering for a piece of homemade apple pie, which this restaurant offers. The food is tasty, the atmosphere is pleasant, and service is good. Two years later I was still thinking about that slice of apple pie when we were back in the area and stopped again. It was still on the menu and it was as good as I remember.
  • Hz3vuripbgscmr-100
    Diamonds in the roughing-it
    Favorite
    Wow, i'm amazed to say that life courses through the quiet center of New Lebanon. I mean no disrespect: the town is beautiful and gives home to well known Marios and several other smaller but well-liked restaurants. Still, however, to expect the best and find only the so-so is a fate too-common in food paradise, even. Not so at Hitchinpost.
    With a breakfast menu of things like the classic omlette, short stack of blueberry cakes, egg sandwich, and oatmeal on the side there is something for the sleepy-eyed breakfester. For everyone else, the breakfast burrito, delicious Portabello Florentine with fruit, and frittata offerings keep things interesting.
    The specials menu is ever-tempting with items like pancakes rolled about unusual fruit fillings, lox omlettes, and only fresh ingredients. Lunch looks good but I've yet to have the pleasure of its acquaintence - soup specials, pie, and blue-plate options sit side by side those breakfast rotations.
    A mecca found: Very inexpensive, very delicious, and unusually friendly.
    1 out of 1 found this review helpful